If you are applying for our Scholarship in 2023, you must be planning to start your studies in 2024.
The John Monash Scholarships are granted for the commencement of a study program in the calendar year following the year of application and selection.
- Applications open online from May 1st and close mid-July each year. We usually receive over 300 applications. It is highly recommended that you open an online application early, as you can go back and edit/ save the application as often as required prior to the deadline.
- First-round interviews are held in person and nationally from August to September. Approximately 100 candidates make it through to this process.
- National interviews are held in person over two days in Sydney and Melbourne each October. Approximately 40 candidates are shortlisted for this.
- In-person interviews are subject to change and may move to a virtual format, depending on travel restrictions. Online interviews can be offered to applicants who are not currently based in Australia. Please review our Video Conferencing Guide to prepare for your online interview.
- In November each year, we award between 10-20 Scholarships. Our John Monash Scholars are officially announced at an official Presentation Ceremony hosted by our Patron in Chief, the Governor-General of Australia.
You can download a full list of dates for the 2023 Scholarship selection process here, however, please check back regularly as the exact dates may be subject to change.
Scholars in the field
Learn about the journey of our John Monash Scholars from current students, to working change makers.